Steering Angle Sensor Failure C0051
NOTE: Before you troubleshoot, review the general troubleshooting information.
DTC C0051-96: Steering Angle Sensor Failure
- Turn the vehicle to the ON mode.
- Clear the DTC with the HDS.
- Turn the vehicle to the OFF (LOCK) mode, then to the ON mode.
- Wait for 60 seconds or more.
- Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC C0051-96 indicated?
Go to EPS system troubleshooting.
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. If the freeze data/on-board snapshot of this DTC is recorded, try to reproduce the failure under the same conditions with the Freeze data/on-board snapshot.