Pedestrian Crash Sensor Calibration- Procedure
- When you replace or remove the pedestrian crash sensor and/or the safety plate, calibrate the pedestrian crash sensor with the HDS.
- When you replace or update the SRS unit, calibrate the pedestrian crash sensor with the HDS.
- When you do the VSA sensor neutral position memorization, calibrate the pedestrian crash sensor with the HDS.
- When DTC B2848-54 is indicated, the pedestrian crash sensor calibration is incomplete. If another DTC is indicated, go to the DTC Troubleshooting Index.
2. Pedestrian Crash Sensor – Calibrate
Before you calibrate the pedestrian crash sensor, do these checks:
- Make sure the 12 volt battery is fully charged.
- Make sure the vehicle is located on level ground, and keep the vehicle stopped with the engine running.
- Check the tyre size and tyre pressure according to tyre information.
- Make sure the fuel tank is full, and that the spare tyre or tyre repair kit, the jack, and the tools are in place on the vehicle.
- Make sure that all doors are closed.
- Shift the transmission to P position/mode, and apply the parking brake.
- Make sure there is only one worker sitting on the driver’s seat and all the luggage are taken out from the vehicle.
- Turn the vehicle to the ON mode, and start the engine.
- From SRS of the System Selection Menu, select SRS/POP-UP HOOD, then Adjustment. In the Adjustment Menu, select VEHICLE LEVEL POSITION CALIBRATION.
- If error code is indicated, troubleshoot the appropriate items in the table.
|Code No.||Cause||How to solve|
|CE-10||System failure detection||Check the DTC with the HDS and perform indicated DTC troubleshooting.|
|CE-11||Vehicle speed detection||Stop the vehicle, and go to step 1.|
|CE-20||Right side pedestrian crash sensor vibration detection||Make sure the following items, and go to step 1.
|CE-22||Central pedestrian crash sensor vibration detection|
|CE-24||Left side pedestrian crash sensor vibration detection|
|CE-25||Body vibration detection||Check that the vehicle does not vibrate, and go to step 1.
Make sure that you are not working under the following conditions.
|CE-30||Right side pedestrian crash sensor inclination detection||Make sure the following items, and go to step 1.
|CE-32||Central pedestrian crash sensor inclination detection|
|CE-34||Left side pedestrian crash sensor inclination detection|
|CE-35||Vehicle inclination detection||Make sure that the vehicle does not incline, and go to step 1.
Make sure that you are working under the following condition.